According to definition, Chakras are considered to be the centers of spiritual power in the human body, usually considered to be seven in number and originates in Eastern spiritual traditions that consider the seven primary chakras the basis of our human existence. If our Chakras become blocked, overactive, or underactive, these conditions can negatively impact our physical and psychological health.
Chakra is an old Sanskrit word that literally translates to wheel. The life force that moves inside of you is spinning and rotating. These seven wheels receive energy from nature and the universe, and power our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual states of being, as well as our consciousness. Each of these potent energy centers has a unique vibrational frequency.
The chakra system originated in India between 1500 and 500 BC in the oldest text called the Vedas. Yet some say it is much older than that with it being passed down orally each generation from the Aryans. Chakras are still be being used in certain traditional teachings of Hinduism and Buddhism today. Chakra beliefs were brought to western culture in the early 1900’s by the published writings of an Englishman who traveled and studied these teachings.
Here is a list of our Chakra centers, starting at the base of the spine and moving up the body:
These energy centers, or Chakras, are vital for us to receive energy from the earth, energy from the sun, and our connection to the universal consciousness.
J is a website designer, graphic designer, and author. He lives in the US and researches the spiritual aspect of this physical dimension.
Cyndi Dale – Author, Intuitive, Healer
- The Complete Book of Chakra Healing
- Attracting Your Perfect Body Through the Chakras
- Attracting Prosperity Through the Chakras
- New Chakra Healing: Activate Your 32 Energy Centers
- Advanced Chakra Healing: Energy Mapping on the Four Pathways
- Advanced Chakra Healing– Cancer: The Four Pathways Approach
- Advanced Chakra Healing: Heart Disease: The Four Pathways Approach
- Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Chakras
- Llewellyn’s Little Book of Chakras
Subjects Covered: Chakras, Chakra Healing, Energy Healing
Chakra Resources – unblocking with crystals, sound, and light.